Ronald A. Sher graduated from New York Law School in 1973, after receiving his Bachelor of Science from the University of Bridgeport. He was admitted to the New York Bar in 1974.
Ronald has lectured before the Council of Westchester Cooperatives and Condominiums, the Cooperative Condominium Advisory Council, the Federation of New York Housing Cooperatives, the New York State Bar Association Real Property/Cooperative-Condominium Committee, the Westchester County Bar Association Real Estate Committee, Habitat Magazine, The Cooperator, various civic organizations, and local municipalities. Ronald has served as a selected judge/panel moderator for the Habitat Magazine Annual Leadership Conference. Ronald has also contributed to the New York Times Real Estate Section.
Ronald has extensive experience with:
- Representing boards of directors/managers of condominiums, cooperatives, and homeowner associations as retained counsel through all phases of their legal representation, including: handling corporate governance; amending proprietary leases, by-laws, and declarations; addressing legal issues; establishing policies; and implementing house rules.
- Representing sponsors relative to the writing, negotiating, and filing of offering plans to convert and/or develop property.
- Representing all parties in mortgage refinancings and loan restructurings.
- Representing lenders in bank transactions, both residential and commercial.
- Representing buyers and sellers of real estate as well as developers of residential cooperative, condominium, and home owner association products.
- Representing loan servicers.
- Representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all aspects of commercial litigation.
Representative publications and contributions include the following [click on the titles below to link to copies of the articles]:
- "An Estate Planning Primer," Habitat, November 2013
- "Butt Out? Give & Take Helps in Dealing with Smoke," The Cooperator, June 2013
- "Legal Speak - Common Charge Collection," Habitat, November 2012
- "Capital Work - Coping with Construction Disputes," Habitat, November 2009
- "Tightening Their Belts," Habitat, May 2009