Himmelfarb & Sher is a full service law firm that prides itself on its ability to service clients across a wide range of practice areas with a focus on Residential and Commercial Real Estate & Cooperative and Condominium Law, Commercial Tax Certiorari, Banking Law, Civil Litigation, Bankruptcy, Commercial Law, and Trusts and Estates.
If you have any questions about any of our practice areas, please call and speak with any of our attorneys.
Residential and Commercial Real Estate & Cooperative and Condominium Law
Himmelfarb & Sher has over 35 years experience providing comprehensive legal representation to clients in virtually all aspects of residential and commercial real estate law and cooperative and condominium law.
- We serve as legal counsel to numerous cooperative and condominium boards throughout Westchester, New York, Bronx, Rockland, and Dutchess counties - providing legal and practical advice regarding all facets of cooperative and condominium law, including handling transfers of shares and leases, attendance of board and annual meetings, and collection of arrears. We analyze and interpret declarations of condominiums and home owner associations, as well as bylaws of condominiums and home owner associations - including condominiums and homeowner associations that intertwine. We also interpret proprietary leases and bylaws of cooperative corporations.
- We write offering plans for both new construction and existing buildings seeking to convert from rental buildings to cooperative or condominium ownership.
- We have represented hundreds of tenant associations undergoing condominium or cooperative conversion throughout Westchester, Rockland, Duchess, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Kings, and Nassau counties.
- We represent buyers and sellers in residential and commercial closings.
- We serve on the Real Estate Advisory Executive Committee of Westchester County Bar Association and act as General Counsel for the Council of Westchester Cooperatives and Condominiums.
Commercial Tax Certiorari
- We represent aggrieved parties contesting their commercial (and cooperative and condominium) tax assessments.
- We represent lenders and borrowers in residential and commercial closings.
- We represent banks in the assignment of mortgages, loan payoffs and the purchase/sale of portfolio assets.
- We represent lenders that act as Master Loan Servicers for numerous lenders and/or trusts.
- We represent borrowers seeking to negotiate deeds in lieu of foreclosure and short sale approvals from lenders in situations where there are insufficient assets to pay off the lender.
- We are experienced trial attorneys.
- We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury and other tort actions.
- We represent both plaintiff and defendant businesses in all aspects of commercial litigation.
- We represent lenders and borrowers in all aspects of foreclosure proceedings.
- We represent landlords and tenants in landlord-tenant litigation.
Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- We represent both debtors and creditors in all aspects of chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcies.
- We have experience representing creditors in complex chapter 11 bankruptcies and debt restructurings.
- We represent businesses in the formation of different business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, joint ventures, partnerships, and more.
- We represent both buyers and sellers in the purchase of businesses.
- We prepare all forms of agreements necessary to help our clients' businesses succeed.
Trusts and Estates
- We prepare wills, living wills, health care proxies, and powers of attorney in accordance with the wishes of our clients.
- We help plan the distribution of assets bearing in mind all relevant tax consequences.